Gulmarg Ski Package – Heevan Retreat
Skiing in Kashmir is one of the most exciting winter sports adventure activities that you can try during your holidays in Kashmir, as it gives you the ultimate adrenaline rush and thrill that adventure enthusiasts are after.
Gulmarg is the most famous skiing destination in India where you can feel the thrill of dashing down the slopes from an incredible height. The Gulmarg Gondola, Asia’s highest and the world’s second highest cable car circuit, takes you to an amazing height of almost 4,000 meters from where you can dash downhill for about 5 kilometres. Adventure enthusiasts seeking the ultimate thrill can go for Shark Fin, which is believed to be the best bowl for powder skiing. Located on the backside of the enormous Mount Apharwat, it is a preferred slope for expert skiers.
- Heevan Retreat Gulmarg – Heevan Retreat Hotel has 35 centrally heated deluxe rooms and suites. All the rooms are spacious, exclusively furnished. Besides, a multi-cuisine restaurant serves appetizing food catering to varied tastes. Hotel also has Business Centre, Shopping Arcade, Conference and Banquet Hall.
- Return Airport Transfers from Srinagar to Gulmarg in a sedan
- 5 days Adventure Ski Course
- Ski Training with 1:1 trainer
- Ski Gear (Skis, Poles, Goggles, Helmet)
- Ski Passes
- Daily pick up and drop to slopes
- Rates as quoted are for Double occupancy with taxes for 05 nights
- Day 1- Reach Srinagar, drive to Gulmarg & settle in. Go to the ski school, try your ski gear and hit the baby slopes for your first lesson. Learn to put on & skis, walk in them, snow plough descent.
- Day 2- Head to baby slopes again. Practice previous days skills. Learn how to turn & use the drag ski lift.
- Day 3- Practice more on the baby slope. Perfect your snow plough & ski down with more control.
- Day 4-5- It’s time to head up to Phase 1. Practice previous skills, learn pole planting and parallel turns. Enjoy doing a 15-20 minute ski run at a stretch.
- Day 6- Pack bags and bid goodbye to Gulmarg. Drive to Srinagar airport with some great memories, pictures that will make anyone jealous and most important, a new hobby that will stay with you for life
- A typical day of skiing is from 10am-4pm.
- Post skiing, get back to the hotel, refresh and spend the evening cosying up in your hotel or go for a round to the market/ cafes/ bars. The town shuts down by 9:30pm or so.
- TLT is a booking platform only and is not liable for any injury or death caused.
- It is mandatory for clients to abide by sport safety regulations of the school and destination.
- The school reserves a right to charge for gear damage, if any.
- By using TLT services, you agree to abide by our TnC & Policy.
- Skiing is safer than you think. If you follow safety guidelines ski with a trainer/ experienced buddy, you will be fine. It is also important to check weather conditions before heading out especially to the higher slopes.
Will I be skiing alone?
- No. Your ski trainer will be with you at all times. Even for intermediate skiers, we always recommend skiing with a buddy/trainer.
How many hours will I be skiing in a day?
- A typical ski day has 4-8 hours of skiing, depending on you.?
Time flies very quickly on the slope, and you’ll be wanting more when the slope announces its closure.
What do I do if the weather does not permit for the Ski?
- We always recommend to plan for few buffer days, incase weather does not permit, we can try to accommodate your missed adventure day !.
How far is the ski activity from the closest airport?
- Ski activity is done at Gulmarg which is approx 1.5 hours away by road from closest Srinagar airport.
How fit do I have to be?
- If you can walk, you can ski. Participants who are generally healthy and without any serious medical condition can take up. However, skiing is a strenuous activity. Please come mentally prepared to be working hard. Also, you will be expected to carry your skis on your own from your hotel to the slopes. If you find it too tiring, you can hire a porter/ taxi at an additional cost.
Is it okay for children to ski?
- Absolutely. Children pick up skiing much faster than adults. Ideal age to start is 5+ years.