Varkala Surfing Package – Gateway Varkala IHCL SeleQtions
Varkala Beach Surfing, on the coast of Kerala, is India’s highly visited beach for surfing, swimming, and various other water sports. The northern cliff of Varkala is a tourist destination while the southern cliff is Surfer’s Paradise. Varkala beach generates waves for all levels of surfers in different seasons.
The winter (Dec-Feb) season is the smaller swell season which offers perfect small waves for the beginners and practitioners. Varkala beach surfing is a hidden surfing destination, where the surfers can have the entire coast to themselves. The waves are pristine and the coastline is quiet. This undiscovered part of south India wins hearts of numerous soul-searching surfers.
- You will be housed in a Superior Room Garden View with Balcony at the Gateway Verkala. Perched between the majestic red cliffs, on a hillock overlooking the Arabian Sea, Gateway Varkala, the resort in Varkala offers the modern nomad a chance to unwind on a business trip. With facilities designed to give a ‘home away from home’ experience in the picturesque beach town, Gateway Varkala is the perfect retreat for both business travelers and leisure seekers. Complemented by an experienced staff, our Varkala resort ensures all your needs are fulfilled in an efficient and hassle-free manner.
- 15% Discount on Spa
- One session of Tea/Coffee with 01 Veg snack at restaurant or at lawns
- Surfing Course-4 Days
- Rates as above for Double Occupancy with Taxes Per person for 04 nights
- Tennis Court
- Table tennis
- Badminton Court
- Basket ball
- Kids lawn area etc.
- Yoga sessions on prior reservations.
- Day 1- Reach Trivandrum, drive to Varkala & settle in. Explore the town and get to bed early to be ready for your first session tomorrow.
- Day 2- Get picked up from your hotel early morning. Head to the beach for your first surf lesson. Get introduced to your surf board, learn pop up techniques on land and catch broken waves with the help of your instructor.
- Day 3- Learn how to paddle and practise catching broken waves on your own. Work on your balancing stance to ride longer waves.
- Day 4- Understand the area to surf and learn how to catch green waves with the help of your instructor.
- Day 5- Learn how to read a wave, board positioning and practise catching your own green wave. Based on your progress, learn how to do basic turns. It’s time to carry the experience of what you have learnt & say goodbye to Varkala.
- Your surf session will be for 1.5 hours every morning, usually from 7 AM – 8.30 AM. Exact timing will depend on local tide conditions and will be informed to you the previous day.
- Post surfing, get back to the hotel, shower and spend the day at leisure. Explore the local shops, visit the nearby black beach, treat your body with a Kerala massage, sign up for a yoga class, try paragliding or simply hang around and soak in the chilled out vibe of Varkala. There are plenty of cafes serving great food and some with live music too.
- TLT is a booking platform only and is not liable for any injury or death caused.
- It is mandatory for all customers to abide by sport safety regulations of the training institute and destination.
- The training institute reserves a right to charge for gear damage, if any
- Price mentioned is per person for a minimum of 2 persons.
- Accommodation included is on twin sharing basis. It is possible to upgrade accommodation at an additional cost.
- By using TLT services, you agree to abide by our user policy, TnC.
How safe is surfing?
- Surfing is safer than you think. However, it is an adventure sport and comes with its own risks. It is important to follow safety guidelines and listen to your instructor. If you are a non-swimmer, then your instructor will ensure you are surfing only in chest deep water.
Will I be surfing alone?
- Your instructor and other students will be learning with you in the water. But you will have your own board and will be trained towards catching your own waves.
How fit do I have to be?
- Participants who are generally healthy and without any serious medical condition can sign up for the course. Swimming is not a compulsory skill. Non-swimmers can learn surfing just as easily, and will be catching
waves in chest deep water. However, a surf session can be tiring, so be prepared for a good work
I have children. Can they surf?
- Yes. The earlier one learns, the fast they pick up. Children above 6 years of age are eligible to learn. However, they must be accompanied by an adult.
What is the closest airport?
- Varkala is 1.5 hours away by road from Trivandrum airport.